Magento 2.4.5 Features
Magento 2.4.5 has become available to the general public from August 9, 2022. The release of Magento 2.4.5 includes over 290 quality fixes and enhancements to the core code. It also contains backward-incompatible changes.
Highlights in this release are:
- Fixed over 290 quality issues and enhancements.
- 20+ security fixes and enhancements.
- Support for Composer 2.2, TinyMCE 5.10.2, and jQueryUI 1.13.1.
- Compatible with Page Builder v.1.7.2 and PWA Studio v.12.5.x.
- GraphQL enhancements.
- Apple pay is available for all merchants.
- Built-in Google Tag module to upgrade to Google Analytics 4.
- PHP supported 8.1
Magento 2.4.5 release includes 20 security fixes and platform security improvements. Some of the security enhancements of Magento 2.4.5 are listed below.
- Google reCAPTCHA support to Wish List Sharing, Create New Account, and Gift Card forms
- Added the ACL resources to the inventory
- MaliciousCode upgraded to HTMLPurifier
- Inventory template security enhanced
Below are some of the platform enhancements in Magento 2.4.5.
- Support for Composer 2.2, TinyMCE 5.10.2, and jQuery 1.13.1.
- DHL integration schema updated from v6.0 to v6.2.
- All outdated JS libs have been updated to the latest version in Magento 2.4.5.
- Twenty composer dependencies updated to the latest version.
GraphQL Performance Enhancements
Developers and administrators can experience faster rebuilding of the unified storefront GraphQL schema on deployment. Here are some GraphQL Performance enhancements available in Magento 2.4.5
- GraphQL API capability to consume the authorization token expiration date/time.
- Allows disabling the session cookies for all GraphQL operations completely.
- Session usage has been removed from the HTTP header.
Some of the payment enhancements in Magento 2.4.5 features are listed below.
- Apple Pay is now available for all merchants.
- The PayPal Pay Later option is now available for merchants in Italy and Spain.
- Store admin can now preview PayPal Credit card & Pay Later buttons in the backend.
- Removed Braintree KNOUNT fraud protection from the Magento 2.4.5 codebases.
- Always request 3DS option has been added for the Braintree payments.
PWA Studio v12.5.x is now fully compatible with Adobe Commerce 2.4.5. The new features in Magento 2.4.5 include:
- PWA Studio storefront collects the customer’s behavior for web analytics services through eventing.
- Store admin can deploy a service such as Google Tag Manager from the admin.
Major issues fixed in Magento 2.4.5
Adobe Commerce has fixed hundreds of issues in the Adobe Commerce core code. Some of the major fixes include:
- Changing the Admin URL no longer throws an exception.
- Fixed issues related to Adobe Stock sign-out.
- The cart total for a bundle product is correctly calculated when the Product Subselect rule is applied.
- Fixed the DOM errors related to the address search pop-up on the billing step of the checkout workflow.
- A single login is now valid for multiple store views for shoppers with global account sharing.
- Issue fixes in the Admin Action Log report.
- A Correct price for the configurable products is displayed on the product page after changing its quantity.
- The system emails work completely fine with the email addresses containing “.-“.
- Fixed logo-related issues in the storefront print order/invoice/credit memo pages.
- Admin can now set the session size to 0 from the backend, which no longer logs out the admin.
- The admin can now translate the title of the ‘Show Password’ checkbox on various pages.
- Images on the product pages are now displayed perfectly without any flickering.
- Fixed the functioning of the unsubscribe URL in the email newsletter.
- Customer name is correctly displayed for the orders placed by guest customers with PayPal.
- Filtering products by color in the layered navigation now works perfectly fine.
- The table rate shipping amount is no longer calculated for the virtual products.
- Lengthy names in the product grid are word-wrapped.
- Error is displayed on the shipping page when the customer enters an invalid email.
Magento 2.4.5 resolves hundreds of bug issues with upgrades. Version 2.4.5 of Adobe Commerce is set to deliver enhanced experiences and capabilities for Merchants, Magento Developers, and Consumers. It is time to set up Magento 2.4.5 for your Magento store. It is essential to update the existing applications and leverage the new features and improvements of the platform. Are you looking for support to manage your Magento upgrade? Code5Fixer’s certified team of Magento experts can help to create, modify, and optimize storefronts depending on your business needs.Contact us and learn how we can help you.